As part of the applications for incentives and support made by Beon, we now present two distinct programs, but with very similar characteristics:
D2 VISA | Startup VISA
The visa D2, also called for visa for entrepreneurial immigrants, aims to provide a residence permit for foreigners who wish to carry out an investment activity in Portugal.
The legal basis for this type of visa can be found in article 60, paragraph 2, of Law no. 23/2007, of July 4, and it is regulated by article 31, no. 2 and 3, of Regulatory Decree No. 84/2007, of November 5.
In very synthetic terms, the investment must be made through a company to be incorporated in Portugal, within the framework of a particular business plan, which will be appreciated mainly from a perspective of economic, social, scientific, technological, or cultural relevance of the investment .
With regard to the legal requirements, it is necessary that the interested party:
- has carried out investment operations; or
- proves to have financial means available in Portugal, including those deriving from financing obtained from a financial institution in Portugal, and demonstrate, by any means, the intention to carry out an investment operation in Portuguese territory.
It will therefore be necessary to present:
- statement that you have or intend to carry out an investment operation in Portugal, indicating its nature, value and duration; and
- proof that you have carried out investment operations; or
- proof that it has financial means available in Portugal, including those obtained from a financial institution in Portugal, and the intention to carry out an investment operation in Portugal, duly described and identified.
Obtaining this visa is subject to the following procedures:
– Obtaining the NIF (Individual Taxpayer Number);
– Opening of a bank account in Portugal and transfer of the amount to the investment;
– Incorporation of the commercial company;
– Consular visa application.
The Office of the Minister of Economy announced the creation of Startup Visa. This is one of the initiatives to be implemented by the Government under the Startup Portugal Program, which consists of a package of measures aimed at boosting entrepreneurship in Portugal and attracting investment, talent and innovation capacity.
Beginning January 1, 2018, young entrepreneurs from all over the world who want to open an innovative company will have quick access to a residence visa that allows them to create or move Startup to Portugal.
This program is one of the most innovative at the European level for attracting and attracting international talent.
International entrepreneurs wishing to access the Startup Visa and obtain a residence and work permit must demonstrate that:
- They want to develop entrepreneurial activities to produce innovative goods and services;
- Will open or relocate companies and / or projects focused on technology and knowledge, with a view to developing innovative products;
- They have the potential to create qualified employment;
- They have the potential to achieve a value of € 325,000 three years after the incubation period or a turnover of more than € 500,000 a year;
- The evaluation of the economic and innovative potential is based on criteria based on the degree of innovation, business scalability and market potential, the capacity of the management team, the potential for creating qualified employment in Portugal and the relevance of the applicant to the team.
__-Contact us, we can handle everything for you.